Notifications
Clear all

displayStats

Page 1 / 2

Dave Bolton
Registered
Topic starter
(@davebolton)

Hi, I'm new to Homer3 and working my way through training tutorials. I've made it to the stage of generating the group results output file and can visualize the average HRF. However, when I tried to run the displayStats.m function I was unable to open it (error message attached). I couldn't find this function in my Homer3 master folder - Is this a separate function I need to download/install? Note: I'm using a PC with Matlab 2021b. By the way, my programming experience is with LabVIEW so I'm still very new to the matlab environment - this may be a very simple fix that I didn't spot. Thanks. Dave

displayStats error

6 Replies
David Boas
Registered
(@dboas)
Estimable Member

I am not familiar with the displayStats() function. Did someone add this to Homer? Where did you learn about this function?

Dave Bolton
Registered
Topic starter
(@davebolton)

Hi David.

This function was presented during one of the Homer Premium training courses, FNIRS COURSE – DAY 5 – NOVEMBER 15, 2021 Day 5 GLM with tCCA 2021 by Dr. Meryem Yucel.
displayStats.m was a function used starting around 1:23 mark in the video.

Here's the basic description along with an explanation of the parameter options:

displayStats (filename, Hb, p-threshold, flag-contrast)
filename: name of the homer output file, including .mat extension
Hb: (1) HbO; (2) HbR; (3) HbT
p-threshold: pthreshold for paired t-test stats
flag-contrast: (1) contrast stats (0) baseline vs. condition

The result from running this function was a table output
Source #/Detector#/tval/pval

It seemed like a very useful function during her presentation, so I was hoping to try it out. Thanks. Dave

Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member

Hi Dave,

This is not a homer function, so will not be under homer directory. I am happy to share it with you, if you send me an email.

Best,

Meryem

1 Reply
Dave Bolton
Registered
(@davebolton)

@mayucel Thanks for sharing this Meryem. Also, I really appreciate the training videos!

Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member

Dave, attaching it here in case others can benefit from it too.

Page 1 / 2
Share:
en_USEnglish