Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can we use HOMER eliminate overlap of haemodynamic responses in fast event related fNIRS studies

CGY
 CGY
Customer
Topic starter
(@cgy)

Dear researchers, thanks for reading this topic.  In fast event related fNIRS studies, short and variable interstimulus intervals were used and they would lead to overlap of haemodynamic responses between the two adjacent stimuli. The other day one researcher told me that the overlap effect could be eliminate with GLM model in HOMER. Do anyone know whether it is real and how to set the parameter? Thanks for your help

4 Replies
David Boas
Registered
(@dboas)
Estimable Member

GLM will absolutely do this.

You should view the lectures for our fNIRS course. We have a lecture exactly on the GLM and estimating the HRF in these cases along with a demo in Homer and an exercise. You can access it as a Homer Premium user here.

3 Replies
CGY
 CGY
Customer
(@cgy)

@dboas Thanks for your reply, it is so kind of you to give me a hand. I would attend this lecture, thanks again.

CGY
 CGY
Customer
(@cgy)

@dboas Dear Boas, thanks for your share. I have watched the lecture and I still have some questions. In my study, the participants should finish a 3 min motor task including 5-seconds of a finger tapping with variable interstimulus interval of 2–4 seconds. When I use GLM correct the HRF response, can I set the trange as -2 to 20 seconds? Or should I set it shorter cause the time window(-2 to 20 seconds) contain another finger tapping task? Besides, what about glmsolvemethod, idxBasis, paramBasis, rhoSD_ssThresh, flagNuisanceRMethod, driftOrder and flagMotionCorrect? Can I set them same as the demo in your lecture?  Thanks a lot 

Handan Yaman
Customer
(@handan-yaman)

@cgy

Dear CGY

I'm trying to find answers to the same questions on this topic. May you write here the demo numbers (glmsolvemethod, idxBasis, paramBasis, rhoSD_ssThresh, flagNuisanceRMmethod, driftOrder and flagMotionCorrect) you mentioned, please?

Share: