Difficulty in interpreting output from HOMER3 and where to find results

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Registered
Topic starter
(@jzg691)

Hi there,

My name is Jigar and I am a doctoral student at Penn State. So I will preface that I am inexperienced with coding, and troubleshoot to the best of my ability when possible. I am using MATLAB 2017b, MATLAB Runtime V9.3 on PC. 

I was running into some issues with analysis of my data. I wanted to do a practice analysis of a subset of data from 8 subjects (from visual n-back task, 3 conditions [0-back, 1-back, 2-back], 2 trials per condition) looking to contrast HbO, HbR, and HbT activity between task conditions. I believe I setup my files and processing stream correctly (included in screenshots and cfg file in google drive) but get output that is blank and has no results. The display p-value option under tools also does not work on my end for Homer 3. 

I was hoping for some help or advice on why this would be and also whether Homer 3 is sufficient an analysis program to investigate this question or if I may need something like NIRS toolbox instead. Ultimately, with my full data set, I also wanted to look at differences in activation patterns between two groups/population (N=22 each) using this task design with the N-back task and was wondering if Homer 3 could be used to answer that as well. Thank you very much.

Best,

Jigar Gosalia

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lDmHhXd5ngiyDgRSXMPV9UweW57Mmgkp?usp=sharing  

3 Replies
Registered
Topic starter
(@jzg691)

Screenshots of some of what I mentioned

Registered
Topic starter
(@jzg691)

The empty output 

(@dboas)

I am only commenting on your matlab version as I haven't looked at the rest of your post. But, as others have posted recently, they found issues using matlab 2017b. We ourselves haven't used less than 2019b for several years. I doub't homer works well on 2017b.

You should upgrade your matlab or use the executable version of Homer

Share:
en_USEnglish