Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Editing Stimuli

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
53 Views
Alessandro Piedimonte
Posts: 4
Topic starter
(@alepie)
Active Member
Joined: 7 months ago

Dear All,

I'm currently trying to learn Homer3 and AtlasViewer. My biggest problem right now is to better understand how can i rename a specific set of stimuli.

I have 3 sessions, each one performed in two runs, one with the right hand and one with the left hand. Unfortunately, I didn't think about the triggers in advance so every trigger has the same name (64) even though i want to differentiate between left and right hand.

 

I've tried different solutions but none of them worked:

- I've tried downloading older versions of Homer3 like 1.31 using "edit stimulus" but it changes all the stimuli from 64 to, for example, right. I cannot change them run by run, i.e. in one run changing 64 to right and in another 64 to left.

- I've tried separating the right hand files from the left hand files in different folders to change them separately (and I've succeded in doing this step) but when I merge the folders and i open the merged folder with Homer3 I can see that the snirf files have both the "right" as well as the "left" label together as if they were merged too.

- I've noticed in newer versions like 1.58 that there is a "load from TSV" but i don't know how to produce this file to load a custom trigger list. Still I doubt this would solve my problem because it would rename all the run in a folder changing for istance "64" to either all "left" or all "right" triggers (but again, I didn't use this option since i dont know how to produce a tsv file)

 

Is there something that could help me with this issue? If not I will resort to perform the analysis with the left and the right hand separated as "groups" and I will try to compare them in AtlasViewer as, again, different groups.

 

Thank you in advance for your help,

 

Alessandro

2 Replies
David Boas
Posts: 249
(@dboas)
Reputable Member
Joined: 2 years ago

We've been working to make Homer3 fully BIDS-fNIRS compliant. With this, all stim event information will be in the _events.tsv file associated with each snirf file. This is great because instead of updating the snirf file with stim information, you will edit the tsv text file. A much easier process. Also, one should never modify their original data acquisition file (i.e. the snirf file).

We are pushing through modifications to Homer3 to create those TSV files from the snirf files. I will check on the status of those updates. Please ping me here later this week if we do not respond with more info by then.

 

Reply
Alessandro Piedimonte
Posts: 4
Topic starter
(@alepie)
Active Member
Joined: 7 months ago

Thank you for the update! I will look forward to it!

For now I've solved the issues by using HDFview and by changing the name of the stimuli directly in the stim hyerarchical folder (it worked well with the last version of Homer3 as far as i can understand).

I will check the Homer3 github for new updates on this topic! 

 

Alessandro

Reply
Share:
en_USEnglish