Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Error Launching Homer3  

Evelyn Joo
Registered
Topic starter
(@yihyunthetiny18)

I've been using Homer3 for a bit now, and it worked fine until I updated it. (I use the Matlab ver.)

Now I'm not sure what I did wrong in the process and how to fix it. I decided to just delete the previous version and re-download the new one (by downloading the zip file), and had no trouble running the setpaths function. When I type Homer3 into the command window to launch it, it says that there's a problem with checkForHomerUpdates();. The error message looks like this:

>> Homer3

1월 19, 2021, 11:11:43
Running Homer3 v1.29.4, R2020a

============
SYSTEM INFO:
============
Platform Arch : PCWIN64
RAM Total : 17.1 GB
RAM Free : 9.7 GB
HD Space Total : 238.8 GB
HD Space Free : 147.5 GB

Error using checkForHomerUpdates (line 9)
Unable to convert the text '07-Oct-2020 16:49:33' to a datetime value because its format was not recognized.

Error in Homer3 (line 30)
checkForHomerUpdates();

I was wondering if anybody could help me with this issue! Been struggling for the last couple of hours but I'm lost as to how to fix this.

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies
Evelyn Joo
Registered
Topic starter
(@yihyunthetiny18)

Okay I'm not entirely sure if I fixed the problem but it's working now. It kept saying that there was an issue with the format of datetime so I changed the language and time setting of my desktop from KST(Korean time and language) to PST(US time and English). The previous version didn't have this issue and I'm curious as to whether other people from non-us countries are experiencing this too.

David Boas
Registered
(@dboas)

Yes, we saw a datetime issue before for Italy. This is a matlab and windows interaction issue and out of our control.

I am digging through my emails to see what was done to fix that... unfortunately the person didn't use the forum for the discussion.

As a start, can you change line 396 of the function FuncRegistry/FuncRegClass.m to

if datetime(file.date,’locale’,’it_IT’) > lastdt

and let us know what happens?

Did you manual set your matlab locale to ‘en_US’ while your computer is set to ‘it_IT’?

The response was then

“I changed lines 396 & 397 to datetime(file.date,’locale’,’system’). Running Homer3 now throws the same error message for RegistriesClass.m, line 359. I will proceed with manually adding the Locale parameter until the error doesn’t occur anymore.

Regarding locale mismatch: our computers’ system wide settings are using German date and number format. In MATLAB's preferences, datetime locale was set to en_US by default. The dropdown there was limited to only a few options, but manually entering de_DE is accepted. This, however, only changes the output format of the datetime function and does not change the fact, that a file’s date parameter is already in the wrong format. Regarding the error message it seems that datetime always expects en_US input unless otherwise specified.”

Evelyn Joo
Registered
Topic starter
(@yihyunthetiny18)

Thank you so much for your response!

I updated Homer3 to the most recent version and now it works fine. 

Really appreciate your team's work! This version looks and works like a dream 🙂 

Share: