Notifications
Clear all

Group, Subject, Run Levels Processing stream

Bruna Baldasso
Registered
Topic starter
(@bdalcinbalda)

Hello,

I have a question about the levels of analysis. I know that some of it was covered in the training sessions, but it is still unclear to me.

How can I automatically run my processing stream (at the run level) for all my runs at the same time? 

I guess, to put in a different way: if I built my PS at the run level, and then analyse with the radio button "run" would it be applying my functions to all the runs uploaded on Homer? Or should I go one by one?

And, if I select the radio button "group", would it be automatically using functions of the processing stream at the group level?

I hope my questions were clear.

Thank you!!

4 Replies
Stephen Tucker
Admin
(@sstucker)
Trusted Member

Hi Bruna,

Each node of the dataset (Run, Subj, Group) has its own processing stream, or list of functions to be executed.

if the 'Apply to All' checkbox is checked at the Run level you will be applying the processing stream for every run or subj of the entire group.

Running the processing stream at the Group level as you describe will run the processing streams from the bottom up:

For each run, then for each subj, then finally for the group level.

I hope this helps.

An aside: your avatar is a Lovecraftian nightmare. I wonder if we should change these default generated avatars...

Bruna Baldasso
Registered
Topic starter
(@bdalcinbalda)

Hi Stephen!

Thank you very much for the response. So that means I can run using "Group" to run all levels at the same time, and it would still apply the functions I selected for Run, is that right?

Note: The avatars are cute 🙂

Stephen Tucker
Admin
(@sstucker)
Trusted Member

That is right.

Stephen

1 Reply
Bruna Baldasso
Registered
(@bdalcinbalda)

@sstucker 

Hello Stephen,

Just as a follow up of the question above, I am having some issues getting results at the subject level to be used in AtlasViewer. 

In AtlasViewer, it seems like only subject level results (_s) and group results are used, so I processed the data using GLM for both the run level and subject, and then the basic processing for group level. 

However, when I check group_results --> subjs --> processing stream --> output, it is all empty, even though it was run. 

If I go to each subject's .mat file, I am able to find the results, but I think AtlasViewer is using the group_results.mat file instead, correct?

In summary, I am unable to see any data in AtlasViewer for subjects after I load them. Any idea of the reson?

Thank you very much!

Share:
en_USEnglish