HRF Shape after GLM

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Bruna Baldasso
Topic starter
(@bdalcinbalda)

Hello,

This may be a simple question, but I am still very new to Homer. After I run my processing stream with the GLM, using same parameters shown in the training, my HRF shows as a series of gaussians (see attached!), different from what I've seen in the videos. Is it normal? How can I have a good visual representation of the HRF for the purpose of publication?

Thank you very much!

3 Replies
Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member

@bdalcinbalda, the amplitude you get is too low (1e-13), is this perhaps a short separation channel that is regressed out? Are all your channels look like this?

Meryem

Bruna Baldasso
Topic starter
(@bdalcinbalda)

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I did have short channels that should have been regressed out...and all my channels look like this.

Thank you.

Bruna Baldasso
Topic starter
(@bdalcinbalda)

Hello @mayucel,

Just to explain a bit better, that low amplitude is in all channels and all subjects, but only when I do GLM instead of block averaging. If I select an actual SS detector in the probe window, I do see the flat line indicating it has been regressed out, but I still have that same amplitude range for the rest. Should I change any parameters? I currently have the default 15.0 under SSThresh if that makes a difference. My long channels are roughly 30 mm apart, and short should be 8 mm. 

Also, is it normal to see that shape of HRF after modelling with gaussian basis function?

Thank you very much,

Bruna

Share:
en_USEnglish