Clear all

Issues with GLM function on certain files

Page 1 / 2

Michael Zara
Registered
Topic starter
(@mzara)

Hello,

I'm having issues running the GLM function on some of my files. The processing stream is able to run and generate the HRF for only one file. However, the warning "All run input to hmrS_RunAvg.m" pops up when the processing stream is applied to the other files. The HRF radio button is greyed out, which I take to mean that the GLM was unable to be applied to the data. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Here is a link to three example files and the associated config file (taken from the SS/GLM Demo from the yearly workshop): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-z6Ug0LK44JSvoo26QHrxCpnn1ZB4CVg?usp=sharing

I'm using MATLAB 2021b and Homer3 v1.33.

6 Replies
Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member

Hi @mzara,

Are you losing all your trials (are they dashed now?), maybe there is a stim reject function involved? In such a case, GLM would not have any HRF output.

Meryem

Michael Zara
Registered
Topic starter
(@mzara)

Hi Meryem,

There are no stim rejection functions involved. In the StimEditGUI, I can also see that my stim markers are present. At the moment, the stream consists of:

1) hmrR_Intensity2OD

2) hmrR_BandpassFilt

3) hmrR_OD2Conc

4) hmrR_GLM

Regards,

Michael

Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member

Requested access to your data...

Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member

GLM does not output any HRF since the design matrix is very poorly scaled. I suspect this could be due to very closely located stim mark triplets at each block. I do not know your design, but if any of these are indicating the end of stimulus, please remove them. Please keep only the stim marks that indicate the start of a meaningful condition.

Page 1 / 2
Share:
en_USEnglish