Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Modifying Stimulus Events via csv import.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Rebecca St George
Topic starter
(@tassie-bec)

Hello,

I am unable to get the ‘Load Stims from csv’ working in Homer 3. From within the StimEditGUI I can ‘Save Stims to csv’, but when I try to load a csv file - even if I select exactly the save csv file I have just saved, or a csv file with slight adjustments to onset times (with no formatting changes) – this error occurs:

Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

Error in StimEditGUI>StimCSV_Read_Callback (line 1344)
dur = str2double(stimData{i}(:,2));

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
feval(varargin{:});

Error in StimEditGUI (line 19)
gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in
matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)StimEditGUI('StimCSV_Read_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))
Error while evaluating Menu Callback.

Any ideas? It would be wonderful if I could reclassify stimulus events based on post hoc behaviours. I have too many events and subjects to do this manually.

Many thanks,

Bec

2 Replies
David Boas
(@dboas)
Reputable Member

We are aware of this problem and are actively trying to fix it. Basically, when we started migrating to support BIDS-fNIRS, we decided to support the snirfFile_events.tsv meta-data file for stim events. This solves two problems at once. First, it allows us to move towards never altering the original snirf file by putting the stim information into a meta-data text file. Second, it solves the problem of us unfunded Homer developers having to make a stim GUI to handle all sorts of possible ways that people want to enter their stim information. Users will be able to use whatever tools they want to update that .tsv file. We are close to updating Homer3 to read this events.tsv file. Stay tuned.

Rebecca St George
Topic starter
(@tassie-bec)

Thanks for the update David, I'll keep an eye out for the update.

Share:
en_USEnglish