Forum

Notifications
Clear all

pruning channels  

Meredith Pecukonis
(@meredith)

Hi - I'm hoping to use the prune channels function in Homer3 but I'm not sure the best values to use.

I want to exclude channels if the magnitude of the signal is greater than 98% or less than 2% of the total range for longer than 5 s during the recording. Any tips on what values to enter for the prune channel function?

3 Replies
Meryem Yücel
(@mayucel)

These numbers may change from system to system. (For the techen system ideal values would be 10^4 to 10^7 for instance). Similar SNR threshold can be used across systems, a value of 5 should get rid of most of the noisy channels.

Verena Schäfer
(@verena)

Hello,

I would like to use prune channels and in the videos it is said that you only use dRange if you have the appropriate system such as Techen and if not then you should set it to 0 and work with the SNR threshold. When I do that, I get an error message (error at line 95: Index exceeds matrix dimensions) and it doesn't work. Can someone help me there? Kind regards

1 Reply
admin
Admin
(@admin)

@verena sorry for missing this earlier... it went into the moderator pile. Can you share the full error message?

Share: