Clear all

SD GUI not opening

Page 1 / 2

Rupert Cotter
Customer
Topic starter
(@rupertcotter)

Hi All,

I have run into an interesting issue in AtlasViewer v2.16.1.

Upon clicking "Tools" >> "Probe">> "Create/Edit in SD" nothing happens, and I am unable to open the SD gui. I am however able to open the SD GUI if I load a group that has a probe with no registration data, by clicking the option on the warning box.

Following this, I am then unable to add dummy optodes. New optodes do not populate the probe space when entering coordinates for dummy optodes.

I am able to work around this by running AtlasViewer v2.11.3, where the SD GUI works exactly as expected.

I am running matlab R2021b, Runtime (9.3), on windows 10, and this issue is not specific to any particular group/subject files.

Interested to know what is going on here if anyone knows, cheers,

Rupert

5 Replies
David Boas
Registered
(@dboas)
Estimable Member

We will look into this. Should be an easy fix hopefully. We probably broke this when we add the new way of making a probe in the 3D space. This new way works very well and we are really migrating away from the old 2D SDgui design. But let's fix this issue for now.

Rupert Cotter
Customer
Topic starter
(@rupertcotter)

Hi David,

Thanks for that, sounds like I might have to figure out the probe building in 3-space then!

Cheers,

Rupert

David Boas
Registered
(@dboas)
Estimable Member

Sreekanth confirms that he make a bug. He has fixed this. He will work with Jay to pull this fix into the master branch on github. We will post here when it gets into the master branch on github.

By our new github operation rules, bug fixes are pulled into the master branch of the current version. The development branch is reserved for the development of new features.

David Boas
Registered
(@dboas)
Estimable Member

Rupert, you can get instructions on making the 3D probe here

https://github.com/BUNPC/AtlasViewer/wiki/Designing-3D-Source-Detector-Geometry-in-AtlasViewer

Note that this has cool extra features that will become quite handy, particularly with larger probes. In particular we are now exporting the probe information to a SNIRF file which has the 3D locations of the optodes and the 10-20 landmarks. It also has a nice 2D projection of the optodes into the circular 10-20 projection (see attached figure) and this is saved in another variable in the SNIRF spec for the 2D locations. These 2D locations are now used in the probe plot in Homer which is really convenient for the larger probes we are beginning to use.

Page 1 / 2
Share: