Notifications
Clear all

Units of Measurement

Rupert Cotter
Customer
Topic starter
(@rupertcotter)

Hi Everyone,

I am a little puzzled by the units presented within HOMER3 v1.33.0 and AtlasViewer v2.16.1.

MATLAB r2021b Runtime 9.3, Windows 10 x64.

Specifically the units associated with concentration and the HRF plot. This plot is listed as a function of "Time (s)" and "uMmm" (u used in place of mu). I would expect this to be microMole millimetres, however I am having trouble accepting that unit conceptually. Perhaps it is m^2 not millimetres, this is still confusing as I would expect concerntration to be units/volume.

Within AtlasViewer after plotting an image, HbR/O recon has a scale on the right hand side, with no units listed, only a magnitude.

Whereas HbO/R conc does not have a colour scale at all. Could this be a bug, I have seen screenshots on GitHub that show the scale with concerntration image reconstructions.

If anyone has any insight into these units, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rupert

5 Replies
Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member

Rupert, M in the display stands for Molar not mole. (Molar -> mol / L)

2 Replies
Rupert Cotter
Customer
(@rupertcotter)

@mayucel OHHHHH thank you so much, I knew I was missing something! That fills the gap!

Rupert Cotter
Customer
(@rupertcotter)

@mayucel 

Hi again,

I thought that this had solved my conceptual issue, however I am still struggling to gain a practical understanding of the microMolar millimetre unit displayed against the HRF plot.

Are you able to help shed any light on this, or point me in the direction of a paper, or other resource that explores the topic?

Thank you if you can!

Meryem Yücel
Admin
(@mayucel)
Estimable Member
Rupert Cotter
Customer
Topic starter
(@rupertcotter)

Wow, I wish that I had found this earlier, what a great paper!

This helps greatly, thank you!

Share:
en_USEnglish