Notifications
Clear all

Why conditions count is limited to 20 ?

Page 1 / 2

Tod Flak
Registered
Topic starter
(@todflak)

Hi, using Homer3, Windows10.  When I attempt to load a snirf file that defines more than 20 conditions, or if I use the "Edit Stimulus" dialog (StimEditGUI) to manually add a 21st condition, I get a MatLab error:

Index in position 1 exceeds array bounds (must not exceed 20).

I guess this is clear enough -- it seems Homer3 does not permit more than 20 distinct conditions.  My question is why does this limitation exist? 

Before I start digging into the code to see if I can modify this, I am wondering if anyone knows why there is this limit, and whether it is easy to change.

Attached is a screenshot of Matlab when attempting to load a snirf that has 21 conditions defined; and also a screenshot of Matlab in which I loaded a 20-condition snirf file and then manually tried to define one more condition using the "Edit Stimulus" dialog.  I would be happy to include any additional files if someone wants to see them.

Topic Tags
5 Replies
David Boas
Registered
(@dboas)

It seems that updating to the latest Homer3 solved this issue. Perhaps it was the latest development branch of Homer3?

see https://openfnirs.org/community/homer3-forum/error-when-open-a-config-txt-file/#post-667

Tod Flak
Registered
Topic starter
(@todflak)

Thanks for that suggestion.  I will give it a try soon and report back the status.

Tod Flak
Registered
Topic starter
(@todflak)

Hi David,  I finally got the time to grab the latest Homer3 version, and it resolved my problem!  I was able to load and process a file with 108 conditions.  The StimEditGUI doesn't completely work with so many conditions... it displays fine (although the legend is not too useful), but it fails if you try to bring up that dialog box with all the buttons and the "New Condition" and "Delete" button.  But that's not a problem for me, since I manage the conditions definition with external code.

Just to be clear, I am using Homer3 tag "v1.32.3" , released 31-Jul-2021

Again, thanks for your suggestion.

By the way, is Homer3 a project open to external contributors for code development?  I have looked, but can't seem to find any answer to that.  I have already fixed a bug in the previous "master" branch (I have not yet checked to see if that bug still exists in the latest "v1.32.3"... likely does); and I have some other small GUI improvements I plan to make on my version.  So, if it is open for community development, is there a document that describes the process?

Stephen Tucker
Admin
(@sstucker)
Eminent Member

Hi Tod,

Yes, Homer3 is open-source and hosted on GitHub to facilitate contributions from the community!

We should work standardizing the process for contribution, there is no document as of right now.

Open a pull request with the development branch at https://github.com/BUNPC/Homer3/tree/development and we can merge your changes.

If you have changes which solve different problems, submit these are independent PRs.

Keep in mind we are moving towards a model in which DataTree data structures are in a submodule, so those changes will need to contributed separately: https://github.com/BUNPC/DataTree/tree/development

Page 1 / 2
Share: