Clear all

bfnirs ninjacap generation errors

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Admin
Topic starter
(@avl_openfnirsadm)

This thread is to collect and catch errors you might receive when uploading your probe.sd file on bfnirs to generate ninjacaps.

One error might occur if your probe contains dummy optodes that do not have a grommet type assigned to them. To avoid this error, dummy optodes that should not have any grommet printed at their position should have the grommet type "none" assigned to them. So far, AtlasViewer does not do this by default (this will be changed).

6 Replies
(@fks)

Hi,

after receiving the error 'Unable to create stl files!' with my own SD-files, I tried reproducing the frontal SD/HD examples posted here, but the grommet positions are displaced, irrespective of the entered cap size (figure attached).

I assume the cap size should be entered in cm?

And what variables in the SD-file are actually required for generating a ninjacap (apart from grommet positions and types)? Is there a documentation of the variables stored in SD-files somewhere?

Best, Konrad

5 Replies
Admin
(@skura7)

Hi Konard, (@fks) some SD files posted on the openfNIRS website here are very old and they were made before we developed BfNIRS website. NinjaCap generation on Bfnirs site requires 10-5 reference points in the SD file, some SD files over there has 10-10 reference points which why grommet positions are displaced. I will update those SD files with 10-5 reference points. 

Can you post your SD file so that I can figure out why you are receiving an error.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

(@fks)

@skura7

Hi Sreekanth, thanks for your reply. I registered the atlas to the digPoints and added the 10-5 reference points in AV (hopefully - I'm not very familiar with AV yet), but still receive an error. Please find my SD file attached.

Best, Konrad

EDIT: I'm not allowed to attach SD or zip files....

(@fks)

Admin
(@skura7)

@fks 

Hi Konrad, 

Where did you design the probe? It doesn't have spring list, anchor points and some other information. If you have designed the probe on AtlasViewer then it should have that information.

Also, I update SD files on openfNIRS page. Now they will generate ninjaCap on BfNIRS page correctly.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

(@fks)

@skura7 

I used my own tools to design the optode positions, imported it in AV and used SDgui with the Ninja Cap option to export to .SD. How can I add the missing information? I'd prefer to do it programmaticall and took a look at the updated SD file on openfNIRS to understand the logic.

How should I choose the spring length, how does it influence the probe positions? And what other information is required apart from the SpringList and the AnchorList?

Thanks for your help!

Best, K

Share:
en_USEnglish